- The tile on the picture is a representation of similar tiles you will receive in the set of 9 tiles. They cover an area of 1 Sq. Ft.
Tierra y Fuego Talavera Mexican ceramic tile can be a perfect complement to decorate a bathroom shower wall, a kitchen backsplash, a fireplace, a stairway, or any other project you have in mind.
- Each tile is handmade by artisans. The tiles are glazed, decorated by hand, and fired in a kiln.
- Characteristics of Mexican Talavera Tile:
- 1) Nominal measurements of 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 in.
- 2) Handcrafted Talavera tiles are not perfectly square.
- 3) Measurements within a tile may vary by as much as 1/8 in.
- 4) Thickness: 1/4 in.
- 5) Tiles are slippery when wet if used on floors.
6) Industry standard recommends adding 5-10% additional to the tile needed to account for waste, special cuts, or other unforeseen problems. This is particularly important in complex installations.
- 7) Lot variation in size and color may be present.
8) There is no guarantee that tiles ordered as add-ons will match those from the original orders. This is an inherent characteristic in all handmade ceramic tiles.
- 9) Talavera tiles are NOT frost proof.
SUITABLE USAGE: All residential and commercial wall applications, bathroom walls, light-use countertop, showers, back splashes, fireplaces, counters, and light-use flooring; as accents flooring, or as a border to define an area. Pool chemicals may negatively impact glazes. Not slip resistant. Outdoor use is subject to climate. NOT suitable for outdoor use in freeze/thaw climates.